All: The LINGUIST List Fund-Drive Advisors Challenge

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat May 3 17:23:15 UTC 2014

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

As we mentioned in the last mail, our subscribers number in the tens of
thousands, the more than 1.5 million individual visitors use our
web-pages every year, while we here at LINGUIST List are few, just a few
volunteers, student editors and programmers. Fortunately, we have an
advisory board here to assist us. The best advisory board that you can
imagine. They give us helpful feedback and act as a sounding board for
new initiatives and developments here (such as our new website, app
development, and language localizations) at The LINGUIST List. This
year, they have also pledged to give *$ 4,000* if YOU--yes, that's all
of our subscribers--can double it!

Can you help us double their pledge of *$ 4,000*?

Will you help them invest in our future? We believe that with enough
support through your donations, we can continue to realize the dream of
being a freely available, open resource for the worldwide linguistic
community.

Our small group of advisors has pledged to donate *$ 4,000* if the
thousands of people who visit our site each day can double this and
donate *$ 8,000*. We are half-way there. We got almost *$ 4,000* from
our supporters and readers. While we could fill a large stadium with all
of you who visit our site, our advisors don't even fill a classroom! And
yet they stand before you with this challenge, daring LINGUIST's
thousands of subscribers to match the donations of just a few heroic people.

Can you meet this challenge? We think you can -- give what you can now,
and let's see if you can contributeanother *$4,000 in the next 24
hours* to END our 2014 fund drive next week!

Sincerely,

The LINGUIST List Crew