taste

bingfu bingfu at USC.EDU
Thu Apr 23 13:52:58 UTC 1998

Dear Frans,
	Thanks very much for your informative message and
keep me informed of your study!

	By 'basic word', I mean of more frequency of use
in daily life than etymological.

	For example, Chinese 'se4' and its English
counterpart 'puckery/astrigent' are not basic because
they are rarely used in food time.

	Best
	Bingfu