Taste words

Onederra Olaizola L. fvponoll at VC.EHU.ES
Tue Apr 28 11:26:13 UTC 1998

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Edward Blansitt wrote:

>      I wonder if there are other such seemingly semantically complex but
> lexically basic terms in other languages.  Another question: Are there other
> dialects of Spanish in which "empalag-" is not a part of the core lexicon?
> If so, has it been replaced by some other term?

As far as I know, it is widely used in Spain. We also apply it to the
smell of very heavy perfumes (and also expand it to some speech styles).

Miren Lourdes Oinederra
Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea           	tel.: + 34 45 18 30 00
Euskal Filologia Saila                  	fax: + 34 45 14 42 94
2111 P.K.                               		e-mail:fvponoll at vh.ehu.es
E-01080 Vitoria-Gasteiz.