Tsunoda's query

G.Banti at AGORA.STM.IT G.Banti at AGORA.STM.IT
Mon Mar 2 10:03:55 UTC 1998

Even though our friend Tsunoda has a very low opinion about himself, I

would suggest the Shoebox software developed by the Summer Institute of
Linguistics. It does exactly what he asks for and much more. Its is very
cheap and was developed for linguists working in the field who have to face
practical problems rather than for computer nuts or nerds. Although I am
not using it personally, I know of several research groups working on
African languages in France in CNRS laboratories, in Italian Universities
and in Germany who use it and are happy with it. To learn more about it, go
at the SIL Web-site (www.sil.org or www.sil.com).

Ciao and good luck, Giorgio Banti