ALT and other Int'l Biennial Conferences

Bill Croft W.Croft at MAN.AC.UK
Fri Aug 20 15:53:09 UTC 1999

     The only major international biennial conference meeting
in even-numbered years that I am aware of is the International
Pragmatics Conference. While there is probably some overlap
between people who would like to attend IPRA and
ALT, I think there is more overlap between people who would
like to attend either ICLC or ICHL and ALT.

     Another person who responded to me individually reminded
me that there are probably a number of ALT members to whom
it doesn't matter whether ALT meets in even- or odd-numbered
years, who might consider a move to even-numbered years in
order to accommodate those of us who have a problem with
odd-numbered years.

Bill