The Reflexive & Reciprocal Nachlese, Konstanz, 26/27 May 2000

Frans Plank Frans.Plank at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Mon Apr 10 13:19:50 UTC 2000

THE REFLEXIVE & RECIPROCAL NACHLESE
Workshop, Konstanz (Germany), 26/27 May 2000 (Fri/Sat)
organised by the Fachbereich Sprachwissenschaft, Universitaet Konstanz
in association with ALT

This summer semester the Linguistics Dept at Konstanz happens to have two
visitors who are both on record with major contributions to the study of
REFLEXIVES and RECIPROCALS:  Emma Geniusiene (Vilnius) and Zygmunt
Frajzyngier (Boulder, Col.).  We plan to combine their visit with a
workshop on these topics.  The idea is for Emma and Zygmunt to give
extended presentations of their own work on Friday and Saturday morning
respectively (for the special benefit of those of us who'd rather not waste
their waking hours on reading books).  For the afternoons (and evenings)
we're soliciting further contributions, from locals and others, members of
ALT  or whatever else (well, within limits ...).  If you have a paper
suitable for the occasion (on reflexives and/or reciprocals in particular
languages or in lots of languages, looked at from whatever theoretical
angle), or if you'd just like to attend, get in touch.  We'll finalise the
programme and send out further particulars by early May

frans.plank at uni-konstanz.de
bjoern.wiemer at uni-konstanz.de

Frans Plank
Sprachwissenschaft
Universitaet Konstanz
D-78457 Konstanz
Germany
E-mail:  frans.plank at uni-konstanz.de
Tel:   +49-(0)7531-88 2656, home +49-(0)7531-57450
Fax:   +49-(0)7531-88 4190