Problem set needed

Tom Payne tpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Aug 3 21:05:17 UTC 2001

Dear Linguists

  I am in need of a good problem set, or at least examples,
from a NON-BANTU language that allows both passive and
applicative marking in the same clause. I would need
examples of active, two-argument clauses, passives of these,
applicatives and then one or more examples of passive and
applicative. The absolutely best examples would from a
language in which a passive can have an applicative added,
AND applicatives can subsequently be passivized. It is
important that the language NOT be Bantu. The assignment the
students have involves a Bantu system, and I need examples
that are similar, but not close enough to give away the
solution to their assignment.

  Thanks for any help. If someone can send me some good
examples, I would be glad to reciprocate by sending a MS
copy of a workbook for introductory morphosyntax course.

Tom Payne