Person and Number morphemes

Volker Gast gast at ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Mon Nov 5 08:26:11 UTC 2001

Some Mayan languages are of this type. Here is one example:

Tzotzil:

ch-i-bat 'I go', ch-i-bat-otik 'we (incl.) go'
ch-a-bat 'you go', ch-a-bat-ik 'you (pl.) go'
ch-bat 'he goes', ch-bat-ik 'they go'

j-tot 'my father', j-tot-tik 'our (excl.) father'
a-tot 'your father', a-tot-ik 'your (pl.) father'
s-tot 'his father', s-tot-ik 'their father'

Best regards

Volker

Volker Gast
FU Berlin