Prefixed / proclitic plurals

Marianne Mithun mithun at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Thu Sep 20 15:42:21 UTC 2001

You may want to be careful to distinguish simple plural prefixes from
prefixed pronouns which themselves contain plural markers. In the
Iroquoian languages listed below, for example, the markers Matthew must
have coded themselves contain plural suffixes, though the whole precedes
the root.

Marianne Mithun