Correction re NP coordination

Edith A Moravcsik edith at CSD.UWM.EDU
Wed Feb 6 18:08:36 UTC 2002

from Eva Lindstroem re Kuot. The relevant part of the message is
reproduced below. I am sorry for the confusion.

"I just have a correction for Kuot: it is _ga_ (which does NPs of
 the same animacy level) which is a genereal coordinator, while
 _un_ is a preposition (and does unequal animacy relations) --
 the class membership of these two items happened to get
 mixed up in your text. (I may add that the typical roles with
 _un_ is human carrying thing, rather than the bench falling
 with the man)."