correction

Björn Wiemer Bjoern.Wiemer at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Wed Jul 9 08:47:38 UTC 2003

Hallo to everybody,
two days ago I sent a reply to a query concerning "death words".
Unfortunately, my formulation seems to have been somewhat confusing. I
thought the author of the query was looking for verbs denoting "death" and
was also interested in their aspectual properties. I thought it thus a good
idea to send some references of articles in which the aspectual properties
of verbs that behave like "to die" (and the question whether they are to be
classified as accomplishments or rather as achievements) are analyzed.
         Therefore, the articles I listed are concerned (inter alia) with
this more general question, although the verb "to die" figures prominently
in some of them, since it is a paradigm example of a verb whose equivalents
in different languages behave not always like accomplishments, but rather
like achievements.

Sorry for inconveniences my contribution might have cuased.

         With best regards,
Bjoern Wiemer.

Priv.-Doz. Dr. Bjoern Wiemer
Universitaet Konstanz