Modality on pronouns

Daniel L. Everett dan.everett at MAN.AC.UK
Fri Jan 23 10:51:33 UTC 2004

I should say that in my original posting, I meant 'noun' in the sense
of 'nominals', whether nouns or pronouns. The reason for this
non-specific query is that the discussion on tense on nominals has
turned up interesting facts for both nouns and pronouns.

Having said that, Nigel's response seems quite appropriate. I don't
have any reconstruction of the Piraha forms to offer, though, except to
say that their current forms show no evidence of inflection of any kind.

-- Dan

Daniel L. Everett
Postgraduate Programme Director
Professor of Phonetics & Phonology
Department of Linguistics and English Language
University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL UK
Fax: 44-161-275-3187
Phone: 44-161-275-3158