Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Leiss thinks that she can prohibit linguists to discuss certain topics.

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at MAIL.RU
Tue Apr 12 20:13:14 UTC 2005

Dear colleague linguists in the field of typology, it was quite strange to read that you criticized Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Leiss
Lehrstuhl für Germanistische Linguistik
Department für Germanistik, Komparatistik und Nordistik, Deutsch als
Fremdsprache
LMU München
Schellingstraße 3/RG
80799 München
She is a professor and she has a secretary. This is why, nobody can criticize her. When I was in Germany in 1990 I learnt that a German professor speaks to a person only through a secretary. One should state his topic and tell the secretary. After that a German professor usually say through his secretary that she has no time to discuss this topic. This is why, Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Leiss thinks that she can prohibit linguists to discuss certain topics. What do you think? Be well, Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia