bilingual- problem

Kashi Wali kwali1 at TWCNY.RR.COM
Mon Oct 10 02:22:15 UTC 2005

Dear Nino,

If I were you I would ask the teacher:  How would she like to be
transported to say france and ask to forget german completely..   It is
a great priviledge to be a bilingual or multiligual  person. The girls
are learning the mother tongue effortlessly at home....and german or
whatever the second language at school and outside. They will be fluent
in both languages without much effort and when they grow up they will
have the previledge of reading a great literature in both languages and
also learn about both the countries in depth....Do you really want them
to forget their heritage?  One day when they grow up they will ask
Mother why didn't you allow us to keep our language?  and what are you
going to tell them??? Languege knowledge enriches your life ... I for
example so happy to be a multilingual  I can read with ease Hindi,
Marathi and English and now I am trying to learn French   What a
pleasure it is to read great literature and converse in these
languages.... Please do not deprive your girls of their mother tongue
They are going to know its value sooner or later    Don't they teACH
THEM SECOND LANGUAGE AT A LATER STAGE ANYHOW..so why force them to
forget what they know naturally?

Hoping best for the two girls

Kashi wali