Doubled preposition in NPs

Frans Plank Frans.Plank at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Fri Jul 14 13:24:42 UTC 2006

dear everybody, whatever your terminological worries and inclinations,

on preposition repetition see in print, quite possibly inter multos alios:

Worth 1982 for Old and later non-literary
Russian, Old Czech, Old Serbian, and Lithuanian;
Tompa 1972: 180f. for Hungarian.

Full references and further discussion, in the
context of what cases can do and adpositions
(usually) can't, in Double Case (OUP 1995), esp
around page 63, if I remember correctly.  Case
attraction/assimilation, unparalleled by
adposition attraction/assimilation, is also to be
found there, though I don't remember on which
pages.

Frans Plank