Reminder: Pre-ALT VII-Workshop Linguistic Typology and Language Documentation

Nikolaus Himmelmann himmelma at LINGUISTICS.RUB.DE
Fri Feb 23 10:49:52 UTC 2007

Dear colleagues

may I remind you of the upcoming deadline (MARCH 15) for the

Pre-ALT VII-Workshop Linguistic Typology and Language Documentation

Paris, 24-25 September 2007

Organizers: Nikolaus P. Himmelmann (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) & Nick
Evans (University of Melbourne)

Details of its overall conception and the focus of individual sessions
can be found at

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fss/organisations/alt/alt-vii-workshop.htm.

Invited speakers:
Emmon Bach, SOAS London
Melissa Bowerman, MPI Nimwegen
Joan Bresnan, Stanford University
Bert Remijsen, University of Edinburgh
Alan Rumsey, RSPAS, ANU Canberra
Bernhard Wälchli, Universität Konstanz
Anthony C. Woodbury, The University of Texas at Austin

Apart from the invited speakers, we are envisaging up to two further
presentations per session. The time allowed for these presentations is
30 minutes including discussion. We particularly welcome proposals which
address the issues outlined in the session descriptions with data from
actual language documentations.
We anticipate being able to provide funding (fares and accommodation)
for presenters whose abstracts get accepted.

Applicants should submit a title, abstract of one to two pages, and an
indication of which of the three sessions they wish their proposal to be
considered for.

Deadline for abstracts: 15 March.

Further inquiries should be directed to himmelma AT linguistics.rub.de

Best wishes
Nikolaus