to measure language distances

Tambovtsev: Yuri, Alina and Yuliana yutamb at MAIL.RU
Thu May 8 17:27:54 UTC 2008

Dear Lingtyp colleagues, some linguists ask, why we should collect phonetic corpora. Surely, one can find many ways to use phonetic corpora. Our task is to use phonetic corpora as another means to compare languages and to measure language distances. We are looking forward from linguists who'd like to join our group. It may be one more method which can add some additional information to classify world languages into different taxa: subgroups, groups, families, units, unions, etc. Looking forward to hearing from you to yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev