"simple juxtaposition"

Östen Dahl oesten at LING.SU.SE
Tue Nov 25 16:53:38 UTC 2008

Martin, I can understand if you want to propagate an agnostic attitude to
the prosodic system of Papuan Malay. But David Gil's examples of
juxtaposition included a number of Malay varieties, among others Standard
Indonesian. And if you want to take an agnostic attitude also in that case,
it would seem to invalidate Chapters 13 (by Ian Maddieson) and 14 (by Rob
Goedemans and Harry van der Hulst) in WALS, where Indonesian is said to have
no tone and fixed penultimate stress.

Östen