Fwd: Festival of Languages

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba at LING.SU.SE
Wed Apr 15 14:03:42 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Inna Kaysina <kaysina.fds at uni-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Subject: Festival of Languages
To: webmaster at linguistic-typology.org

Dear Sir or Madam!

The IAAS (Institut für Allgemeine und Angewandte Sprachwissenschaft
der Universität Bremen) in cooperation with different other
institutions is organising a FESTIVAL OF LANGUAGES which will be
happening from 17 September to 7 October 2009 at various sites in the
entire city-state of Bremen (Germany).

The main objectives of the FESTIVAL are to familiarise the general
public with the idea of the linguistic diversity of our world and to
emphasise the central role language plays in all aspects of human
life.

The programme of the FESTIVAL consists of two major components, namely
an academic part with a series of national and international
conferences and a part which includes over 100 popular events and
addresses the general public.

For more information, please, visit our website
http://www.festival.uni-bremen.de/. We also enclose a copy of the
festival flyer herewith. We would be grateful if you could send this
news to all members of the ALT.

Best regards,
Inna Kaysina
Festival Team

Ljuba Veselinova
Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-8-16-2332 Fax: +46-8-15 5389
URL  : http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron