TYpology of distribution of functional words in Sholohov's texts

Paul Hopper hopper at CMU.EDU
Fri Aug 21 16:04:40 UTC 2009

Yuri,

Has Sholohov's authorship of Tihij Don ever been disputed?

It would really be useful to do an authorship study of Voloshinov's
'Marxism and the Philosophy of Language' compared the writings of Bakhtin.
Has this ever been done, do you know? Such a study might find a publisher
more readily than what seems to be an exercise in method that confirms
what has, as far as I know, never been disputed.

Paul

--
Prof. Dr. Paul J. Hopper
Senior Fellow