speakers of the North-Eastern dialect of New England

Nicholas Ostler nostler at CHIBCHA.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Nov 30 11:48:11 UTC 2009

Dear Yuri

There must be many descriptions of major varieties of American English,
but a conveniently accessible and brief one, with recordings on a CD,
and a commentary on their distinctive traits, is in

Andy Kirkpatrick: World Englishes
pub. Cambridge University Press 2007

Let me know if you have difficulty gaining access to it.

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Ostler
www.ogmios.org