West Sumatra Earthquake Relief followup

gil at EVA.MPG.DE gil at EVA.MPG.DE
Tue Oct 20 08:45:30 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I would like to thank those of you who, following our previous call,
contributed to the MPI EVA West Sumatra Earthquake relief fund.  So
far we have collected over 4,000 Euros and counting.

For the last couple of weeks I have been in Padang and, together with
the assistants at our local branch field station, been going out to
the worst hit areas to deliver tents and other needed supplies.  It
was humbling to see how much difference even the smallest of
contributions can make to somebody?s life.  You can read more about
our earthquake relief activities at
http://email.eva.mpg.de/~taylor/aardbeving/index_en.html.

(Those of you who took part in the post-ALTVI excursion in 2005 may
remember our late afternoon trip down from the mountain lake and along
the coastal plain ending up with dinner on the beach in Pariaman.
Well it was precisely that region that was worst hit by the quake, and
where our relief operations are now focusing.)

Since the need is still great, our relief operations are continuing.
If you would still like to contribute, you can send money to the
following bank account:

Bank: ING-bank
Address: Breestraat 46
Place: Leiden, Netherlands
Bank account number: 3748676
IBAN: NL65INGB0003748676
BIC: INGBNL2A
Account holder's name: Mrs. B.H.J. Litamahuputty
Address:  Paramaribostraat 117, 2315 VH Leiden, The Netherlands

Alternatively, for those in the USA who may find it inconvenient to
make international transfers, you can also mail a personal check in US
dollars, made out to either Peter Cole or Uri Tadmor, to the following
address:

Tadmor/Cole (Padang Victims Appeal)
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science
42 E. Delaware Av.
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716

The people of West Sumatra thank you all.

David

--
David Gil

Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Telephone: 49-341-3550321 Fax: 49-341-3550119
Email: gil at eva.mpg.de
Webpage:  http://www.eva.mpg.de/~gil/