A-only agreement

David Gil gil at EVA.MPG.DE
Sat Sep 19 14:14:00 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I think it's only fair to point out that Paul's analysis of the Malay
sentences below as involving verbal agreement with a transitive agent is
dependent on the assumption that the prefix di- bears 3rd person
features -- an assumption that many have questioned (even in those
somewhat idealized varieties of Malay in which the prefix di- is used
only with 3rd person agents).

David

--
David Gil

Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Telephone: 49-341-3550321 Fax: 49-341-3550119
Email: gil at eva.mpg.de
Webpage:  http://www.eva.mpg.de/~gil/