Expression of threat

Anna Martowicz anna at LING.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 11 13:09:14 UTC 2010

Very interesting topic indeed!

In Polish we use exactly the same construction:

a.

*Ivan          chodz-i           po           nasz-ym       ogrodzi-e.*
*Ivan(NOM)     walk-3SG.PRS      along        our-LOC.SG.M  garden(M)-LOC.SG

Ivan walks in our garden

b.
*Ja            mu             po-chodz-e!*
*I.NOM         he.DAT         PF-walk-1SG.PRS

Best wishes,
Anna

--
Anna Martowicz

PhD student at
Theoretical & Applied Linguistics/
Language Evolution & Computation Research Unit
University of Edinburgh

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~s0681634/

Dugald Stewart Building
3 Charles Street
Edinburgh
EH8 9AD

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.