Another insight on the definition of Typology

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at MAIL.RU
Sun Jan 17 23:16:30 UTC 2010

Dear Typology colleagues, one more good idea occurred to me. May be, you can send me the definitions of typology by some other linguists if you agree to it. Though the definitions may be different, we can see at least the most popular views on Typology. Anyway, it is high time all the typologists get together to discuss this burning issue. As far as I know, scholars who work in Natural Sciences discuss the fundamental issues of their theories every four-five years. Unfortunately, new ideas in linguistics cause a great opposition. For instance, new ideas of Prof. Ago Kuennap or Prof. Angela Marcantonio in Finno-Ugristic linguistic were rejected without any discussion. Typology of Finno-Ugric languages on phonetical level is not developed well enough. Be well, Yuri Tambovtsev