The most typical Romance language is Moldavian

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at MAIL.RU
Mon Mar 15 11:10:54 UTC 2010

The most and the least typical Romance language. We have computed six Romance languages to measure the phono-typological distances between them. It is possible to find the Romance language which has the shortest distance to all these Romance languages. It is Moldavian. The ordered series of the phono-typological distances to the centre of the Romance languages:
17.30 Moldavian
20.24 - Rumanian
20.54 Italian
21.73 -Spanish
30.27 - Portuguese
51.17 - French
The least typical Romance language is French. What ideas have you got to share with me about the most and the least typical Romance language from the phono-typological point of view? Looking forward to hearing about you to yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia.