InField 2010: Deadline for housing next Monday

Spike Gildea spike at UOREGON.EDU
Fri May 21 18:12:34 UTC 2010

*** Apologies for cross-postings ***

DEADLINE FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING, EARLY REGISTRATION

INSTITUTE ON FIELD LINGUISTICS AND LANGUAGE DOCUMENTATION (InField 2010)
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, Eugene, Oregon, USA

http://logos.uoregon.edu/infield2010/home/index.php

APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION
Applications for registration are available on the website. Those
received by midnight (Pacific time) tomorrow, May 22, will be processed
by Monday, May 24. The deadline for us to commit to our reserved
dormitory housing is May 24, so we those who wish to utilize this
housing option will need to act by the close of business Monday to
either register online or else tell us by other means (email, telephone)
that the registration information and payment is already enroute. We
will still accept registrations after that date, but the availability of
university housing will no longer be guaranteed.

The Institute on Field Linguistics and Language Documentation is
designed for field linguists, graduate students, and language activists
to receive training in current techniques and issues in language
documentation, language maintenance, and language revitalization.

Workshops: June 21st – July 2nd
Laboratory week: July 5th – July 9th
Field Training: July 5th – July 30th

For details and application/registration forms, visit our website:
http://logos.uoregon.edu/infield2010/home/index.php

ASSOCIATED EVENTS: http://www.uoregon.edu/~nwili/summer_2010_index.shtml
NILI Summer Institute (June 21-July 2)
The Northwest Indian Language Institute (NILI) will also be hosting its
annual Summer Institute, with courses covering topics including
Northwest languages, linguistics, and language teaching methods,
centered on the theme Language and Place. Participants at InField will
also be able to attend NILI courses if they prefer any of these to some
workshops.

•Stabilizing Indigenous Languages Conference (June 25-27)
•Athabaskan/Dene Languages Conference (June 25-27)
•45th International Conference on Salish and Neighboring Languages (June
25-27)
•Hokan-Penutian Languages Conference (June 25-27)

SPONSORS
Linguistics Society of America
U.S. National Science Foundation and the U.S. National Endowment for the
Humanities: Documenting Endangered Languages Program
University of Oregon Graduate School & Department of Linguistics