question about names

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at BENTLEY.EDU
Tue Nov 16 12:25:45 UTC 2010

Matthew/Adam,

The only thing remotely related to this that I have run across in my own field research is hypocoristics in Banawa. Not nearly as elaborate as is described here for Sepik, but a special stress pattern and shortened form for names in direct address as opposed to indirect reference.

This is described in a paper in WCCFL 16 and referenced somewhat in an IJAL paper with E and B Buller.

Best,

-- Dan