Alternation between two overt markers on direct objects

Colleen A Ahland cahland at UOREGON.EDU
Thu Dec 1 22:05:26 UTC 2011

 Dear Giorgio et al.,

 Note that in Gerritt Dimmendaal's 2010 article "Differential Object
 Marking in Nilo-Saharan", he deals with two N-S languages - Fur and
 Kunama - each of which have two distinct (overt) accusative case
 markers.  Thus, it seems DOM is not always used to refer to the presence
 vs. absence of a case marker.

 Colleen Ahland