Descriptive status of the world's languages

David Gil gil at EVA.MPG.DE
Sun Dec 4 11:28:36 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I was about to make more or less the same point that Sebastian makes in
his first sentence (below).

It is not clear to me whether it is either desirable or feasible to
distinguish between "typological" and other "non-typological" studies.
It seems to me that the right response to Wolfgang's question is that
adopted by the Glottolog/Langdoc project (and I say this not because I
have the good fortune of sharing an office with Sebastian).

David

--
David Gil

Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Telephone: 49-341-3550321 Fax: 49-341-3550119
Email: gil at eva.mpg.de
Webpage:  http://www.eva.mpg.de/~gil/