Antipassives without overt expression of O

Balthasar Bickel balthasar.bickel at UZH.CH
Wed Dec 21 07:06:01 UTC 2011

Hi Stefanie

An example from the Himalayas is discussed here:

Bickel, B., M. Gaenszle, A. Rai, P. D. Rai, S. K. Rai, V. S. Rai, & N. P. Sharma (Gautam), 2007. Two ways of suspending object agreement in Puma: between incorporation, antipassivization, and optional agreement. Himalayan Linguistics 7, 1–18.

Bickel, B., 2011. Multivariate typology and field linguistics: a case study on detransitivization in Kiranti (Sino-Tibetan). In Austin, P. K., O. Bond, D. Nathan, & L. Marten (eds.) Proceedings of Conference on Language Documentation and Linguistic Theory 3, 3–13. London: SOAS.

All best,

Balthasar