query: Where are you going?

Hannu Tommola Hannu.Tommola at UTA.FI
Thu Jun 2 17:04:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

in Finnish, it's usual to say first Hei/Terve/Morjens (i.e. 'hallo' or
the like), then you often "ask" Miten menee? 'How goes?'.

Possible equivalents in Estonian and Swedish are:

Est: Tere! -- Kuidas läheb?

Swd: Hej! -- Hur går det?

Best,
Hannu Tommola

--
Hannu Tommola, Professor of Russian Language (Translation Theory and Practice)
School of Modern Languages and Translation Studies