Question about national censuses with information about L2 statistics

Søren Wichmann wichmann at EVA.MPG.DE
Mon Sep 17 12:45:09 UTC 2012

I would like to collect data on how many of a given language's speakers
use the language as their second language. Ethnologue has some
information for 200+ languages, but I need more. I suppose that such
information would be available for many countries in national censuses,
but they are difficult to locate for an outsider. So if you are aware of
such censuses for the countries that you are families with I would be
very interested in the information, and will post a summary.

Søren Wichmann.