Publishing

William Croft wcroft at UNM.EDU
Thu Apr 4 14:53:29 UTC 2013

But the problem is, a good-quality but open-access or inexpensive publication does not have the quality of peer review, the track record of quality publication, and the marketing presence that Publisher X has, so it is not surprising that a tenure committee takes such a publication less seriously even if the author chose that publication outlet precisely to make her/his grammar accessible to a wider audience, including the language's speakers. I don't think the protestations of professional societies would change that. For this reason, Publisher X has no reason to reduce its prices; it doesn't have to.

Bill Croft