definite article incompatible with the plural

Sergey Lyosov sergelyosov at INBOX.RU
Mon Aug 5 18:20:03 UTC 2013

 Looks interesting and I dare say counter-intuitive.
  Sergey

Понедельник,  5 августа 2013, 13:10 +02:00 от Matthew Dryer <dryer at buffalo.edu>:
>My database lists two languages which
      appear to be the opposite, where there is definite marker that is
      restricted to the plural (and no definite marker for singular),
      namely Khmer and Iaai.

>Matthew
>
>On 8/4/13 9:49 PM, Sergey Lyosov wrote:
>>

>>Dear all,
>>Do we know of
          languages that have a definite article restricted to the
          singular of the noun? That is, do we know of a definite
          article that is incompatible with the plural?
>> Sergey
>>---
>>Dr. Sergey Loesov
>>Oriental Institute