Borrowed word order in phrases

Giorgio Francesco Arcodia -- ============================================================ Ljuba Veselinova, Associate Professor Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden Phone: +46-8-16-2332 Fax: +46-8-15 5389 URL : http://www2.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/ "We learn by going where we want to go." Julia Cameron ============================================================ giorgio.arcodia at UNIMIB.IT
Sat Dec 14 15:07:36 UTC 2013

Dear colleague,

Are you investigating only phrases? If you are interested
in compounding as well, there are plenty of examples of
ordering of head and modifier/complement depending on
whether the constituents and/or the word formation schema
are native or borrowed. This is the case e.g. in Japanese,
Vietnamese (native vs. Chinese word order), as well as in
Italian (native vs. Germanic word order).

Best,

Giorgio F. Arcodia

--
Dr. Giorgio Francesco Arcodia
Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca

Tel.: (+39) 02 6448 4946
Fax: (+39) 02 6448 4863
E-mail: giorgio.arcodia at unimib.it
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:16:23 +0000