update on Studies in Diversity Linguistics

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at EVA.MPG.DE
Thu Dec 19 18:19:14 UTC 2013

Dear typologists,

I'm happy to report that the DFG just announced that for the next two
years it will fund "Language Science Press <http://langsci-press.org/>",
the new platinum open-access publisher founded by Stefan Müller and
myself (here's the DFG's press release
<http://www.dfg.de/en/research_funding/announcements_proposals/info_wissenschaft_13_70/index.html>).

There are now eight book series published by Language Science Press. The
one of greatest interest to LINGTYP readers is "Studies in Diversity
Linguistics", which now has the first two forthcoming books on its page:
http://langsci-press.org/catalog/series/Diversity-Linguistics. The
series is intended both for typological books (monographs and edited
volumes) and for grammatical descriptions of individual languages or
groups of languages.

In addition, you may be interested in the two series on African languages.

We expect to publish the first few books by late February 2014. We are
looking forward to further submissions, in all series.

(And in case you were wondering what "platinum open access" means: This
means that neither readers nor authors pay the publisher. Publication
costs are paid by the publisher, as a public service
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Behavioral_Neuroscience/10.3389/fnbeh.2013.00057/full>.)

Season's Greetings,
Martin

--
Martin Haspelmath (haspelmath at eva.mpg.de  <mailto:haspelmath at eva.mpg.de>)
Max-Planck-Institut fuer evolutionaere Anthropologie, Deutscher Platz 6