query: grammaticalization go/be.in > negation

Paul Hopper hopper at CMU.EDU
Fri Feb 1 20:00:44 UTC 2013

Quirk, Greenbaum et al., Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language,
discuss this use in 13.98 under the heading od Pseudo-coordination.

- Paul

--
Paul J. Hopper,
Paul Mellon Distinguished Professor of Humanities Emeritus,

Adjunct Professor of Linguistics,
Department of Linguistics,
University of Pittsburgh.

Senior External Fellow,
School of Linguistics and Literature,
Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS),
Freiburg i.Br., Germany