ALT news 51

Harald Hammarström harald at BOMBO.SE
Fri Jul 12 11:39:25 UTC 2013

Dear all,
The following books are for sale. Sorry for spamming the
list, but I figured this is where they have a good chance of getting
into the right hands. All are paperback and great shape unless otherwise
noted. Add shipping costs from the netherlands to wherever you live or
we can arrange delivery in person or via other persons. Strictly first
come first served.

Linguistics/Grammars etc
* Koroma, Regine. (1994) Die Morphosyntax des Gola (Afrikanistische
Monografien (AMO) 4). Institut für Afrikanistik, Universität zu Köln.
xiv+215pp 10 EUR

* Carlin, Eithne. (1993) The So Language (Afrikanistische Monografien (AMO)
2). Institut für Afrikanistik, Universität zu Köln. vii+220 10 EUR

* Kilian-Hatz, Christa. (1995) Das Baka: Grundzüge einer Grammatik aus der
Grammatikalisierungsperspektive (Afrikanistische Monografien (AMO) 6).
Institut für Afrikanistik, Universität zu Köln. 343pp 10 EUR

* Nougayrol, Pierre. (1999) Les Parlers Gula: Centrafrique, Soudan, Tchad
(Collection Sciences du Langage). Paris: Centre National de la Récherche
Sciéntifique. 382pp 25 EUR

* Boum, Marie Anne. (1981) Le Syntagme Nominal en Modele. Rijksuniversiteit
te Leiden doctoral dissertation. 281pp binding strengthened with tape 5 EUR
[Modele is a Befang variety in Cameroon]

* Smith, Ian & Morris Timothy Ama. (2005) Juba Arabic -- English
Dictionary: Kamuus ta Arabi Juba wa Ingliizi. Kampala: Fountain. 214pp
[with grammar sketch, rare find outside Uganda/S Sudan] 15 EUR

* Rottland, Franz. (1982) Die Südnilotischen Sprachen (Kölner Beiträge zur
Afrikanistik 7). Berlin: Dietrich Reimer. 563pp 15 EUR

* Vossen, Rainer. (1982) The Eastern Nilotes (Kölner Beiträge zur
Afrikanistik 9). Berlin: Dietrich Reimer. 15 EUR

* Quint, Nicolas & S. Ali Karmal Kokko. (2006) Phonologie de la langue
koalibe: Dialecte réré (Soudan). Paris: L'Harmattan. 252pp 10 EUR

* N/A (1977) Zambian languages. Ministry of Education, Zambia 128pp [sketch
data on 7 major lgs] 5 EUR

* Debela, Bedilu Wakjira. (2001) Verbal Extensions and Argument Structure
in Kistaninya. Trondheim, Norway: Norwegian University of Science and
Technology MA thesis. 76pp Free on any purchase

* Bernd Heine & Derek Nurse (eds.), A linguistic geography of Africa.
Cambridge University Press. 10 EUR

* Ol'derogge, Dmitry A. (1990) Istoria izucenija afrikanskix jazykov.
Moskva: Nauka. 5 EUR

* Doneux, Jean Léonce. (2003) Histoire de la linguistique africaine des
précurseurs aux années 70. Publications de l'Université de Provence. 268pp
10 EUR.

* Kairski, Mariusz. (1998) La actual situación etno-cultural de los grupos
etno-lingüísticos nativos de América del Sur. Quito, Ecuador: Abya-Yala. 5
EUR [only V2: Apendices]

* Constenla Umaña, Adolfo, F. Elizondo Figueroa & F. Pereira Mora. (2004)
Curso Básico de Bribri. San José, Costa Rica: Editorial de la Universidad
de Costa Rica. 247pp 10 EUR

* Constenla Umaña, Adolfo. (1998) Gramática de lengua Guatusa. Heredia,
Costa Rica: EUNA. 244pp 15 EUR

* Maroto Rojas, Espíritu Santo. (1999) Lengua o Dialecto Boruca o Brúnkajk.
Editorial de la Universidad de Costa Rica. 278pp 10 EUR

* Constenla Umaña, Adolfo. (1991) Las lenguas del área intermedia:
introducción a su estudio areal. San José: Universidad de Costa Rica. 216pp
[Rare find outside CR] 15 EUR

* Escalante, Roberto. (1962) El Cuitlateco (Publicaciones / Instituto
Nacional de Antropología 9). México: Instituto Nacional de Antropología e
Historia. 58pp rebound 5 EUR

* Kaufman, Terrence. (1971) Tzeltal phonology and morphology (University of
California publications in linguistics 61). Berkeley: University of
California Press. ix+120pp 5 EUR

* Foster, Mary L. (1969) The Tarascan Language (University of California
Publications in Linguistics 56). Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of
California Press. xi+200pp 5 EUR

* Andrade Pallares, Carlos. (2001) Kwatupama Sapara: Palabra Zápara. Quito:
Abya-Yala. 144pp 5 EUR [Salvage work on Zapara]

* Duche Hidalgo, Carlos. (2005) Los Andoas: Kandwash Ajustushkani. Quito,
Ecuador: Abya-Yala. 98pp [Salvage work on Andoa] 5 EUR

* Martins, Silvana Andrade. (2004) Fonologia e Gramática Dâw. Vrije
Universiteit Amsterdam doctoral dissertation. xxii+693 (2 vols) 10 EUR

* Iturrioz Leza, José Luis & Paula Gómez López. (2006) Gramática Wixarika
I. München: LINCOM. 258pp 10 EUR [Huichol]

* Krisólogo B., Pedro Juan. (1976) Manual glotológico del idioma wo'tiheh
(Lenguas indígenas de Venezuela 16). Caracas: Universidad Andrés Bello,
Instituto de Investigaciones Históricas, Editorial Sucre. 170pp rebound
[short dict and gram sketch of Piaroa]

* Mily Crevels, Simon van de Kerke, Sérgio Meira & Hein van der Voort
(eds.), Current Studies on South American Languages (Lenguas Indígenas de
América Latina (ILLA) 3). Leiden: Research School of Asian, African and
Amerindian Studies (CNWS), Universiteit Leiden. 5 EUR

* Seki, Lucy. (2000) Gramática Kamaiurá: Língua Tupi-Guarani do Alto Xingu.
Campinas: Editora Unicamp. 519pp 20 EUR

* Leo W. Wetzels (ed.) (2007). Language Endangerment and Endangered
Languages: Linguistic and Anhropological Studies with Special Emphasis on
the Languages and Cultures of the Andean-Amazonian Border Area (Lenguas
Indígenas de América Latina (ILLA) 5). Leiden: Research School of Asian,
African and Amerindian Studies (CNWS), Universiteit Leiden. 5 EUR

* Hein van der Voort and Simon van de Kerke (eds.). (2000). Ensaios sobre
lenguas indigenas de las tierras bajas de Sudamerica: Contribuciones al 49o
Congreso Internacional de Americanistas en Quito 1997. Leiden: Research
School of Asian, African and Amerindian Studies (CNWS). 5 EUR

* Quesada, J. Diego. (2001) Teribes y Térrabas: Recuentos de un
reencuentro. Editorial de la Universidad de Costa Rica. 135pp [mostly a
grammar sketch] 10 EUR

* Rendón, Jorge Gómez. (2008) Mestizaje lingüístico en los Andes: Génesis y
estructure de una lengua mixta. Quito, Ecuador: Abya-Yala. 228pp 10 EUR

* Wichmann, Søren. (1995) The Relationship among the Mixe-Zoquean Languages
of Mexico (Studies in the Indigenous Languages of the Americas). Salt Lake
City: University of Utah Press. xxiii+619 hardcover 15 EUR

* Quesada Pacheco, Miguel Angel. (1996) Narraciones borucas. San Jose:
Editorial de la Universidad de Costa Rica. 227pp 10 EUR [texts in Boruca
and Spanish]

* Ramirez, Henri. (1994) Iniciação à língua Yanomama: Dialetos do Médio Rio
Catrimani e de Xitei: Curso de língua Yanomama. Boa Vista, Brasil: CCPY,
Diocese do Roraima. 120pp 5 EUR

* Tessmann, Günter. (1999) Los indígenas del Perú noriental. Quito:
Abya-Yala. 486pp [translation into Spanish of Tessmann's original
megaclassic (1930) Die Indianer Nordost-Perus: grundlegende Forschungen für
eine systematische Kulturkunde (Veröffentlichung der
Harvey-Bassler-Stiftung 2).] 10 EUR

* Lal, Sam Mohan. (1991) A Descriptive Analysis of Urali (CIIL Doctoral
Dissertation Series 1). Mysore: Central Institute of Indian Languages.
266pp 10 EUR

* Dinh-Hoa, Nguyen. (1971) Speak Vietnamese. Japan: Charles E. Tuttle.
307pp 5 EUR

* Hercus, Luise A. (1994) A Grammar of the Arabana-Wangkangurru Language
Lake Eyre Basin, South Australia (Pacific Linguistics: Series C 128).
Canberra: Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National
University. xx+324pp 20 EUR

* Breen, Gavan. (2004) Innamincka talk: A grammar of the Innamincka dialect
of Yandruwandha with notes on other dialects (Pacific Linguistics 558).
Canberra: Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National
University. xvii+245pp AND Breen, Gavan. (2004) Innamincka words:
Yandruwandha dictionary and stories (Pacific Linguistics 559). Canberra:
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National
University. x+218pp. 30 EUR for both

* Wafer, Jim & Amanda Lissarrague. (2008) Handbook of Aboriginal Languages
of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. Muurrbay
Aboriginal Language and Culture Co-operative Ltd. 830pp hardcover
[excellent up-do-date information on extinct NSW wales languages +
wordlists] 35 EUR

* Nicholas Evans (ed.). (2003). The non-Pama-Nyungan languages of northern
Australia: Comparative Studies of the continent's most linguistically
complex region (Pacific Linguistics 552). Canberra: Research School of
Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University. 15 EUR

* Lewis, Paul M. (2009) Ethnologue: Languages of the World. 16th edn.
Dallas: SIL International. 1248pp 10 EUR

* Estudios de Linguistica Chibcha 23 (2004) [journal issue containing
papers on Ika, Bribri and the history of the study of Chibchan lgs] 125pp 5
EUR.

* Estudios de Linguistica Chibcha 18-19 (1999-2000) [journal issue
containing papers on Teribe, Terraba and endangerment of Costa Rican lgs]
76pp 5 EUR.

* NUSA 50 (2002) journal issue "Studies in Malay Dialects Part III" with
papers on Riau Indonesian, Sri Lanka Malay, Manado Malay and
Sundanese-Indonesian. 103pp 5 EUR

* NUSA 49 (2001) journal issue "Studies in Sulawesi linguistics VII" with
papers on Barang-Barang, Bobongko and Pendau 122pp 5 EUR

* NUSA 47 (2000) journal issue "Studies in Irian languages Part II" with
papers on Moi, Tehit, Abun, Maybrat, Mpur, Meyah, Sougb, Hatam and
Inanwatan of the Bird's Head of Indoesian Papua 150pp 10 EUR

* NUSA 45 (1999) journal issue "Studies in Sulawesi linguistics V" with
papers on Moronene and Bungku-Tolaki lgs 150pp 5 EUR

Linguistics/Typology etc.

* Claudia Zaslavsky. (1999) Africa Counts: Number and Pattern in African
Cultures. Lawrence Hill. 3rd Edn. 352pp. 10 EUR [classic on numerals and
mathematics in indigenous Africa]

* Jost Gippert and Nikolaus P. Himmelmann and Ulrike Mosel (eds.) (2006)
Essentials of language documentation. Mouton de Gruyter. 5 EUR

* Brent Berlin and Paul Kay. (1999) Basic Color Terms: Their Universality
and Evolution. Stanford: CSLI Publications. 1999 CSLI reprint of classic. 5
EUR.

* Mengden, Ferdinand von. (2010) Cardinal Numerals: Old English from a
cross-linguistic perspective. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. 329pp hardcover 5
EUR

* Barbara Wenger. (2002). Lotos, Hand und zweimal Mond: Zu Kardinalzahlen
und ihren Systemen in afroasiatischen Sprachen. Books on Demand. 588pp 10
EUR [rare publication of detailed Hab Schrift on numerals in AA]

* Jan Wohlgemuth and Michael Cysouw (eds.) 2010. Rethinking Universals: How
rarities affect linguistic theory. Mouton de Gruyter. 15 EUR

* Haarmann, Harald (2004) Elementare Wortordnung in den Sprachen der Welt:
Dokumentation und Analysen zur Entstehung von Wortfolgemustern. Hamburg:
Helmut Buske. 159pp 10 EUR

* Horace G. Lunt (ed.). (1964) Proceedings of the ninth International
congress of linguists, Cambridge, Mass., August 27-31, 1962. The Hague:
Mouton. 1174pp hardcover 10 EUR

Anthropology etc.
* Richard B. Lee & Richard Daly (eds.) (1999) The Cambridge Encyclopedia of
Hunters and Gatherers. Cambridge University Press. 500pp 25 EUR

* Cabodevila, Miguel Ángel & Mikel Berraondo. (2005) Pueblos no contactados
ante el reto de los derechos humanos: Un camino de esperanza para los
Tagaeri y Taromenani. 2nd edn. Ecuador: CICAME. 194pp 10 EUR [As detailed
as it gets on uncontacted Waorani fractions]

* Cabodevilla, Miguel Ángel. (2007) El exterminio de los pueblos ocultos.
2nd edn. Ecuador: CICAME. 10 EUR [uncontacted peoples of Ecuador and beyond]

* Cabodevilla, Miguel Ángel. (1997) La selva de los fantasmas errantes.
Ecuador: CICAME. 235pp [full detail on the lost Tetetes who spoke a
language intelligible to Siona] 10 EUR

* Souter, Gavin. (2004) New Guinea: The Last Unknown. London: Angus &
Robertson. 296pp [Classic NG history/ethnography] 15 EUR

* Wallace, Scott. (2011) The Unconquered: In Search of the Amazon's Last
Uncontacted Tribes. New York: Crown. 494pp hardback 10 EUR [unique pieces
of information on the uncontacted tribes of the Javari valley]

* Leeden, Alexander C. van der. (1956) Hoofdtrekken der sociale struktuur
in het westelijk binnenland van Sarmi. Rijksuniversiteit te Leiden doctoral
dissertation. 185pp + foldouts 10 EUR

* Oosterwal, Gottfried. (1961) People of the Tor: A
cultural-anthropological study on the tribes of the Tor territory (Northern
Netherlands New-Guinea). Rijksuniversiteit te Utrecht doctoral
dissertation. Published by Van Gorcum, Assen. 322pp [megaclassic in Papuan
anthropology] 15 EUR

* Bruce M. Knauft. (1993) South Coast New Guinea Cultures: History,
Comparison, Dialectic. Cambridge University Press. 298pp 10 EUR

* Morren, G. E. B. (1986) The Miyanmin: Human Ecology of a Papua New Guinea
Society (Studies in cultural anthropology 9). Ann Arbor, Michigan:
University of Michigan Research Press. 355pp hardback 10 EUR

* Connolly, Bob & Robin Anderson. (1987) First Contact. Penguin Books.
316pp [beatiful account of Leahy's discovery of the NG highlands from
Leahy's diaries + fieldwork with the Papuans who remember] 20 EUR

* H. Bleuchot, Christian Delmet & D. Hopwood (eds.) (1991). Sudan: History,
Identity, Ideology (St Anthony's Middle East Monographs 25). Reading:
Ithaca Press. 5 EUR [misc articles on Sudanese ethnography & history]

* Segundo Moreno (ed.), Antropología del Ecuador (Pueblos del Ecuador 12).
Quito, Ecuador: Abya-Yala. 500pp 5 EUR [misc papers on Ecuadorian
ethnohistory]

* Christ, Catarina Lourdes. (2009) Mutirão de solidariedade retomada da
terra indígena Arara. Campinas: Curt Nimuendajú. 182pp [only extensive
source on the Arara of Rio Branco] 10 EUR

* Pim Schoorl (ed.) (1996). Besturen in Nederlands-Nieuw Guinea 1945-1962.
Leiden: KITLV. 10 EUR [reprints of rare older reports]

2013/6/27 Jean-Christophe Verstraete <
jean-christophe.verstraete at arts.kuleuven.be>