accusative + analytical DO markers

David Gil gil at EVA.MPG.DE
Sun May 26 12:08:07 UTC 2013

If you include pronouns in the scope of the query, then Hebrew also has
doubly-case-marked forms such as

ot=i ACC=PREP.1SG
ot=xa ACC=PREP.2SGM
ot=ax ACC=PREP.2SGF
etc.

However, as suggested by the interlinear gloss "PREP", the pronominal
enclitics aren't really accusatives, but rather non-nominative, or
"prepositional" forms, which occur after other prepositions as well,
such as l- 'to', b- 'in' / 'instrumental' and others, eg.

l=i to=PREP.1SG
l(e)=xa to=PREP.2SGM
l=ax to=PREP.2SGF
etc.

This seems very similar to what José describes for Spanish, and not
quite what Sergey is looking for.

David

--
David Gil

Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Telephone: 49-341-3550321 Fax: 49-341-3550119
Email: gil at eva.mpg.de
Webpage:  http://www.eva.mpg.de/~gil/