accusative + analytical DO markers

Giorgio Iemmolo giorgio.iemmolo at UZH.CH
Tue May 28 17:36:42 UTC 2013

Dear Sergey,

you do actually find sporadic instances of la- or l- in both Ge'ez and Classical Arabic together with the accusative ending. As I said before, this co-occurrence seems to be very uncommon and fluid. You can find some examples in Tropper's grammar "Altäthiopisch: Grammatik des Geʻez mit Übungstexten und Glossar" and in Brockelmann's "Grundriss der vergleichenden Grammatik der semitischen Sprachen".
Best regards,

Giorgio

e-mail: giorgio.iemmolo at uzh.ch
Homepage: http://www.spw.uzh.ch/iemmolo_en.html