Caveat emptor

Hugo Cardoso hugoccardoso at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 17 12:22:08 UTC 2013

... On the other hand, there's an imbalance in the distribution of (good)
PhD programmes in Linguistics around the world. I'm sure some countries
have a surplus of Linguistics graduates, while others could do with a bit
more attention to the discipline. If it's felt that an educational system
has too much offer, wouldn't a solution be to come up with more stringent
rules for accreditation? Less programmes would make the cut (which would
reduce student intake), and the average quality would improve.

Hugo