ergative to accusative alignment

Daniel Valle Arevalo davalle at UTEXAS.EDU
Thu Jan 9 17:51:45 UTC 2014

Dear Raheleh,

Kakataibo, a Panoan language, has developed a nominative alignment in
pronouns only after extending the ergative marker. Nouns still keep the
ergative alignment (Valle 2011, available on academia.edu). In terms of
verbal agreement, the language is nom-acc.

Valle, Daniel. 2009. El sistema de marcación de caso en kakataibo. Bachelor
thesis, Universidad Nacional Mayor San Marcos, Lima.

Best,
Daniel