Linguistic Trivia

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at BENTLEY.EDU
Sat Oct 4 12:36:09 UTC 2014

Thanks for this Hedvig.

Speaking of operas, I am part of a team working on the libretto for an opera that will premier in New York, Santa Fe, Moscow, and Beijing in 2015/2016, based on a book by Umberto Eco, The Three Astronauts: http://ardeaarts.com/the-three-astronauts/

Its librettists include, besides me, best-selling Russian author Dmitri Glukhovsky, Chinese jazz musician and author Sola Liu, and Pulitzer-Prize winning poet, Yusek Komunyakaa.  There is an international team of composers working on this, as the site indicates.

All best,

Dan