temporary Recipient marking

Randy John LaPolla (Prof) RandyLaPolla at NTU.EDU.SG
Wed Sep 3 03:00:04 UTC 2014

Dear Michael,
There is a distinction like this in the Qiang language (Tibeto-Burman; Sichuan, China): if the third argument is seen as a recipient, the genitive marker is used on the noun, but if the argument is seen as a location to which the object moves, then the allative/locative marker is used. I'll attach the pages from my Qiang grammar on this.

All the best,
Randy
-----
Prof. Randy J. LaPolla, PhD FAHA (罗仁地)| Head, Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies | Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-80, 14 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637332 | Tel: (65) 6592-1825 GMT+8h | Fax: (65) 6795-6525 | http://sino-tibetan.net/rjlapolla/