[Lingtyp] Extended uses of temperature words

Kilu von Prince watasenia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 09:10:22 UTC 2015

Dear Maria,

I cannot give you definitive negative evidence for Daakaka because I
haven't tested for that, but I can give you the following information:

1. Daakaka uses the term `pyane' (to roast/ burn sth.) for a transitive
expression of anger:

yu-on mwe pyane nyoo
feeling.of-3SG.POSS REAL roast 3PL
`he was mad at them' (reference to the corpus I collected: sto36:029)

2. I have found no evidence for other extended uses of temperature terms.

Best,
Kilu