[Lingtyp] Associate Lecturer Positions in Linguistics at University of York

Dunstan Brown dunstan.brown at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 10 07:53:03 UTC 2015

*Associate Lecturers in Linguistics
<https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=225094>*

Department: Language and Linguistic Science

Based at: University of York - Heslington Campus

Hours of work: Full-time

Contract status: Fixed term

Salary: £30,434 - £32,277 a year

Apply by: 09/08/2015

Role Description

We are seeking to appoint two fixed-term Associate Lecturers to provide
teaching and supervision across our undergraduate programmes in Linguistics
and English Language and Linguistics, and our Masters programmes in
Psycholinguistics and Linguistics.

You will be an early career linguist who is establishing, or has
established, a track record of excellence in teaching, supervision, and
contribution to departmental activities. You will hold or be close to
completing a PhD in Linguistics or related subject.

You will have teaching skills which include expertise in at least two areas
from: Conversation Analysis and Interaction, English Language Linguistics,
Phonetics and Phonology, Pragmatics, Psycholinguistics, Semantics. Your
teaching in lectures and in seminars will support our taught programmes at
both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Your duties will include
supervision of students' work, for both final-year undergraduate
dissertations and Masters dissertations.

The posts are fixed term, available from 1 September 2015, to be held
through the 15-16 academic year with the possibility of renewal for the
16-17 academic year.

Informal enquiries may be made to the Head of Department (Professor Peter
Sells) by e-mail (peter.sells at york.ac.uk).

For further information please see the department web pages at
http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/lang/.