[Lingtyp] ALT2015 Seventh Circular - Last Call for Banquet, Accommodations

William Croft wcroft at unm.edu
Sat Jul 25 16:01:25 UTC 2015

(Apologies for cross-posting. NB: please do not respond to this email, instead email alt2015 at unm.edu<mailto:alt2015 at unm.edu>)
SEVENTH CIRCULAR - LAST CALL FOR BANQUET, ACCOMMODATIONS
The 11th meeting of the Association for Linguistic Typology will be held at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, from August 1st through August 3rd, 2015. The website for the conference is: http://www.unm.edu/~alt2015/
1. PROGRAM AND ABSTRACT BOOKLET
The program was updated on 20 July. We do not expect any further significant changes to the program.
The abstract booklet is now available as a pdf at the ALT2015 website (under Program). The abstract booklet will be available only as a pdf. We encourage participants to download the abstract booklet before the conference.
2. REGISTRATION, RECEPTION AND BANQUET
The registration fees after June 15th are:
Full Registration: US$125 (discounted student rate: US$85)
Online registration is available at the ALT2015 website. On-site registration will also be available, with payment by smartphone or by cash.
There will be a reception hosted by John Benjamins Publishing Company on Saturday, August 1st, open to all registered participants. The reception will be held on campus at the Hibben Center from 6 to 8pm.
The conference banquet will be held at the Hotel Albuquerque on Sunday evening, August 2nd. There will be both vegetarian and nonvegetarian options.
BANQUET TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED BY 29 JULY AT 8AM NEW MEXICO TIME. There are still many tickets available for the banquet; we hope you will join us. If you have already registered and wish to attend the banquet, you can buy the banquet ticket on the registration page without re-registering: select "No Registration" and "No Accommodation".
3. TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
Information for travel and accommodations can be found at the ALT2015 website. The Albuquerque International Sunport code is ABQ, and the airport is served by several major airlines. International passengers can make connections from major international gateway airports in the US.
Visitors to the US from other countries should check if a visa is required and, if so, start the process of applying soon. Official letters of invitation to attend the conference can be requested via our e-mail (alt2015 at unm.edu<mailto:alt2015 at unm.edu>).
Accommodations are no longer available at Casas del Rio, the on-campus apartments. YOU MAY STILL BOOK ACCOMMODATIONS AT THE HOTEL ALBUQUERQUE. Please tell them you are with the Association for Linguistic Typology; however, the discounted rate may no longer be available. You may book a room at the Hotel Albuquerque by emailing abqreservations at hhandr.com<mailto:abqreservations at hhandr.com>, or phoning (+1) 505-843-6300, 1-800-237-2133 or 1-866-505-7829 (the last two phone numbers are toll free within the US).
We look forward to seeing you in Albuquerque very soon,
The ALT 2015 Local Organizing Committee