[Lingtyp] Positions of interrogative pronouns

Seino van Breugel seinobreugel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 02:57:12 UTC 2015

In Atong, a Tibeto-Burman language of Northeast India, the position of the
interrogative in the clause can vary just like the position
of other core and peripheral arguments (see page 163 in: van Breugel,
Seino. 2014. *A grammar of Atong*. Leiden, Boston: Brill). The position of
arguments in a clause is pragmatically conditioned. To understand the
structure of clauses in Atong, I advise reading sections 20,1; 20.2; 23.1
and 23.2 of the same book.

Best,

Seino

Dr. Seino van Breugel