[Lingtyp] Piraha data

Everett, Daniel DEVERETT at bentley.edu
Sun Jan 10 13:38:09 UTC 2016

http://tedlab.mit.edu/piraha/piraha_corpus/

Richard Futrell, Steve Piantadosi, Laura Stearns, Dan Everett, and Ted Gibson have a paper  to appear very soon on Piraha recursion/Piraha as a regular grammar.

The paper includes a link to the data base above. These are texts mainly collected by Steven Sheldon of SIL in the late 60s and early 70s, prior to the controversy about Piraha syntax.  Five  texts collected by me are also  included. However, we purposely used mainly Sheldon’s texts for this paper. (Sheldon still speaks Piraha fluently.) My own data base is far larger and I hope to make that public one day. But it is consistent with Sheldon’s data.

Dan